Friday, January 16, 2009

Paper Dolls Card

My niece, Sara, loves to do crafty things when she comes to visit, and loves to play with my diecut machine. She recently had her 6th birthday, so I made her this card with my Cricut and paper dolls cartridge. I take NO credit for the design or concept, that was all from the incredibly talented Vicky Jo! I added more to it after I took these pictures, but of course I didn't think to take another picture!

The outfits - I made 2 versions of each, so I will be making another card soon for my other niece (and I'll remember to take better pictures next time!):

I wanted to make an accessory page with purses and shoes, but I ran out of time. Sara was "wow" when she opened it, followed by some giggling when she and her brother realized the paper doll was undressed, and then it was quickly tossed aside to open more presents. Oh well! I still think this helps me cement my place as "cool Aunt Sandy"

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I was wanting to show my cousin this project!

    ...and look at you with the fancy blog slideshow too ;-) Looks Great!

    ReplyDelete

My Scrapbook Slideshow