Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mother of the Year

Today I taught Teagan her first swear word. Where do I pick up my application for 'Mother of the Year?'

I feel the need to preface with that I do not swear often at all. Honest. I swear.

I managed to lock my car keys, purse, cell phone in my car while the car was running. My house is locked up tight. Luckily, Teagan was in my arms and not in the car. It's 24 degrees here. I hurried over to a neighbors house that I thought might be home, and start ringing the doorbell and knocking on the door. No answer. I say "f***" Teagan decides to repeat this with perfect pronunciation. Whoops. Bad Mommy.

I eventually get to a phone, and my mom saves the day. My nephew was with her, and as we are waiting for the locksmith to unlock my car, I tell my mother the story. My 8 year old nephew excitedly asked me "What word was it??? Tell me!" Hmm. I don't think so. "What letter did it start with? Was it an 'A'?" I promptly changed the subject. I'm guessing that my escapdes and Teagan's word of the day were a topic of conversation around my sister's dinner table tonight.

2 comments:

  1. DH and I just made a deal I get a dollar in my scrapbook fund everytime I catch him swearing in front of DD. Should fund my scrapbook addition nicely. Sorry you had a rough day, hope she forgets it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMBO! :o) That happened to my sis - both the swear word and the locking the car with it running... but my niece was in it. Fire Dept had to come out and everything. She got pics of it... but she doesn't scrap :o(. I think William has said "puto" a couple of times... it's a Spanish swear word that I'm sure he's picked up from my FIL :o)

    ReplyDelete

My Scrapbook Slideshow